Instructions for Updating Your Registry Profile
The following gives detailed instructions on how to update personal and employer information.
You will create and maintain only one CA ECE Workforce Registry account.
Name change - To update your name, please contact the Registry at CARegstiry@ccala.net, “chat” Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the Registry website (www.caregistry.org), or call us at (888) 922-4453.
Update Personal Information
- Log in to your Registry profile and select “Return Home”, then click the red square labeled “View/Update Personal Profile”.
*Note: The Quick Links (icon links) allow you to edit your Registry Profile, but you can also view your Education and Training Report, create a resume, and upload your education and training documents in the My Tools & Settings.
- Click on Edit on the Profile Editor.
You can edit your personal information including changing your email, password, contact information, self-reported educational information, and demographic information.
- Make sure to click Update Account Info at the bottom of the page when you are finished with edits.
Update Employer (End date of Employment)
If you have a new job title, number of hours worked, or pay rate you can make updates from the Return Home, “Quick Links”, View/Update Employment History or by going to My Tools and Settings and My Profile on the left hand tool bar.
Select Expand All and Edit Position to access the fields. This step includes ending this record to keep your past data. You will create a new record for your employment updates; see the next section, Add New/Additional Employer to create a new record for your updates. Even if you are at the same employer but are changing job title, for example. See image on next page.
- Click No for Is this your current job?
- Enter the End Date for that role (job title, pay change, hours worked, etc.)
- Remember to select Save Employment Info.
Please check past employment for accuracy and make sure that Job Title reflects role (for example, if you work for or own a FCC, you are not a contractor).
If you have a new job, need to update employment information, or have more than one employer, make updates from the Return Home, “Quick Links” View/Update Employment History or by going to My Tools and Settings and My Profile.
- Select Add a New Employment Record
- Select Yes for Is this your current job?
- Click Select Employer/Business/Status
- Select option from Search By: Please Select dropdown menu so that you can search by Employer Name, Address, City, or License Number. (Searching by License number is the easiest method of identifying child development employment location.)
- Next to Search, there is a Question Mark, click to view detailed information about types of employment/status, including if you are licensed exempt or unemployed.
- If you are a licensed Family Child Care owner or employee of an FCC, enter the license number or last name, then first name, of the owner, based how the name is displayed on the license issued by Community Care Licensing.
- If you cannot locate your employer or facility after attempting various search options, select Employer/Business Not Listed and enter the employer/business details. Registry Staff will use this information to update the facilities listed in CA ECE Workforce Registry and link you to your employer/facility.
- Continue to enter details about your employment including job role, job title, ages of children served, wages, languages spoken with the children, etc., and then continue with Registration (Note: report gross wages prior to taxes, weeks per year includes paid holidays).
If you have more than one employer, you will indicate that employment is Current and the number of hours that you work. See example below.
Note: If your employer has verified your employment, you will not be able to edit your employment. You can “Add a New Employment Record” to change your employment record.
Employers – Center and FCC Owner Administration
If you are a Family Child Care owner or center administrator, you can apply for Employer Administrative Access (English, Spanish, Chinese) and be able to manage staff documentation requirements including being able to generate Staff Education & Training Reports, confirm staff employment on the Registry, enroll your staff into trainings, and access the job board to post your vacancies.
When you log in to your Registry profile you may get a notice that says your profile is incomplete. This means that your self-reported data does not match the documents on your profile. To update your profile, submit training and education documents to be verified by the Registry. Updating your profile can also include updating your personal information (email, password, address, etc.), missing required fields (e.g. date of birth, race, languages, gender, etc.), employer information, and educational information.
For instructions on uploading documents and tips sheets that describe document requirements refer to the Registry Resource page (resources are in English, Chinese, and Spanish).
Once you upload your documents, including transcripts, permits, training certificates, etc., it will take 6 to 8 weeks for Registry staff to enter and verify your documents before they show up on your Education & Training Report and before the “Your Profile is Incomplete” notification is removed. You can still access the Registry tools, even if your profile is incomplete, including enroll in trainings and apply for stipends.
Need Help? Contact the Registry Help Desk
You can contact Registry staff by email, CAregistry@ccala.net, call (888) 922-4453, or “Chat” on the CA ECE Workforce Registry website Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.