International education documents are required to be evaluated by an international education and credential evaluation service as prescribed by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing. For post-secondary education, the evaluation should list how many quarter/semester hours your coursework is equivalent to in the United States, and what your degree (if any) should be equivalent to in the United States. A copy of the evaluation should be sent to the designated Registry Office for verification.
The State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing has approved several organizations for foreign transcript evaluation, therefore the Registry Office will only accept a Foreign Transcript Evaluation from the following organizations:
- Academic & Professional International Evaluations, Inc. (APIE)
- Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
- Academic & Credential Records, Evaluation & Verification Services (ACREVS)
- American Education Research Corporation (AERC)
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
- Educational Records Evaluation Service (ERES)
- Foreign Credential Services of America (FCSA)
- Foreign Credential Services of America West, Monterey, CA (FCSA-WEST)
- Institute for International Credentials Evaluations at California State University, Fresno (IICE)
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc. Credentials Evaluation Service (IERF)
- World Education Services (WES) and WES – San Francisco Regional Office
These organizations are private enterprises who charge a fee for their services.
Professional Development training certificates from outside of the United States can not be verified.